BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Overview of English Studies 2011 By Safri Anugerah Illahi bin Ramle

I used to study literature in secondary school and yet we found it really interesting even though others found it as ‘sleepy and bored’. Perhaps I saw it from a different perspective and from the different perspective comes a unexplainable sensation from literature. I was mesmerised by Shakespeare’s Sonnet 18 when I was in secondary school and from that moment, I found out that I love literature. I am happy as I had a chance to learn English Studies because I can preserve my enthusiasm in literature.
            I learned a lot of things from this semester. For example, I was first introduced to Literary Devices and Poetic Devices as I was not given any clue about it when I was in secondary school. I found out that learning and knowing both devices is quite fruitful and very enjoyable. Perhaps learning both devices will contribute to minor headache but I take it as a challenge for me to enrich myself more in English.
            I learned a number of short stories and poems and I found it very eye-opening as the theme is about cycle of life; death, life, equality, gender discrimination and many other things. Then I know that literature is something that be used by people to express themselves in their own way. Well perhaps I can find my own way by attending English Studies.
            I hope my excitement in literature will not fade away as I know that people change by the time. Perhaps by learning English Studies, it will help me to enrich my mentality and way of thinking and also will brush up my language poetically.  

0 comments: